Re: save function

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: save function
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:32:25 -0800

My two cents...

Leave alone save function

I have not experienced any problems with it.  If I don't
want the header, I throw it away.

As far as single variable save goes, I save lots of single
variable files using ascii format each file named
differently based upon some mnemonic reference to the data
origin.  However EVERY file uses the same name for the
variable - saves me time when I use it.

simple recovery line of

load -force "filenamerelatedtoneed.txt";

and it puts the variable right where I want it.

I like the -ascii mode for single variable because
sometimes I need to examine the file with a text editor
looking for certain comparisons.

         - Robert -