Re: compiling octave-2.1.46

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: compiling octave-2.1.46
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:40:28 -0500

torsten wrote:

I'm not sure what is in gcc-3.2 that the octave developers prefer,
but that's the way it goes.

CVS versions of octave and octave-forge will compile
with any gcc 3+, even the Red Hat 2.96 pre-release.  I
haven't tried with 2.95, but I'm guessing there are
issues with the standard libraries and headers.  The
3.2 restriction was removed by testing for the one or
two features which depend upon it and doing
something else in those cases.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden