compiling octave-2.1.46

From: Eugenio SEGUIN
Subject: compiling octave-2.1.46
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:26:38 -0300

Hi:
I have de follow proble: I configure octave-2.1.46 without problem,
but wen I run make the configure routine is engeged another and
another and another .... time. For example:

Tulum.unsj.edu.ar> make

*
*  To compile Octave, you will need a recent versions of
*  the following software:
*
*    g++ (3.2.x or a more recent version)
*
*    flex (2.5.4 or a more recent version) -- required if
*    you need to recreate lex.cc from lex.l
*
*    bison (1.28 or a more recent version) -- required if
*    you need to recreate parse.cc from parse.y
*
*    gperf (2.7.1 or a more recent version) -- required if
*    you need to recreate oct-gperf.h from octave.gperf
*
*  Now would be a good time to read INSTALL.OCTAVE if
*  you have not done so already.
*

make -f octMakefile all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/users/seguin/octave1/octave-
2.1.46'
making octave-bug from octave-bug.in
chmod a+rx octave-bug
making octave-config from octave-config.in
chmod a+rx octave-config
making mkoctfile from mkoctfile.in
chmod a+rx mkoctfile
make -C glob all
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/users/seguin/octave1/octave-
2.1.46/glob'
gcc -I. -I. -c \
      -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2 glob.c -o glob.o
In file included from glob.c:813:
glob.c: In function `glob':
glob.c:197: warning: passing arg 0 of `my_realloc' from
incompatible pointer typ
In file included from glob.c:932:
glob.c:197: warning: passing arg 0 of `my_realloc' from
incompatible pointer typ
In file included from glob.c:988:
glob.c:197: warning: passing arg 0 of `my_realloc' from
incompatible pointer typ
In file included from glob.c:1378:
glob.c: In function `glob_in_dir':
glob.c:197: warning: passing arg 0 of `my_realloc' from
incompatible pointer typ
gcc -I. -I. -c \
      -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2 fnmatch.c -o fnmatch.o
ar rv libglob.a glob.o fnmatch.o
a - glob.o
a - fnmatch.o
ar: Warning: creating libglob.a
ranlib libglob.a
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/users/seguin/octave1/octave-
2.1.46/glob'
make -C kpathsea all
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/users/seguin/octave1/octave-
2.1.46/kpathsea'
make[2]: *** Warning: File `configure' has modification time in the
future (2003
-03-03 19:59:13 > 2003-01-23 20:11:25)
/bin/sh ./configure --no-create
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

                         CarlosEugenio SEGUIN
           Assistant Proffesor - Civil Engineer Departament
                National University of San Juan -  Argentina

Carlos Eugenio Seguin
e-mail:address@hidden
Tel/Fax: 0264 - 4230942