Re: compiling octave-2.1.46

From: avraham . rosenberg
Subject: Re: compiling octave-2.1.46
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:10:25 -0600

I understand that at some point in time, the developers of octave started
using the newer gcc-3.2.2 compiler and new versiobn of some other tools,
that are not available (as defaults, at least) on the older Linux
distributions.
You do not mention the version of the compiler you are using.
As I am intending to switch from octave 2.0.17 to a newer version from
the 2.1 series, but I don't feel like changing from gcc-2.95 to a new
version, I would be interested to know which version of gcc you used to
build octave 2.1.43.
Or, better if someone can indicate which is the newest version of octave
that can still be compiled with gcc-2.95/egcc 1XX. I did not discover yet
where to look for this kind of information.
Thanks, Avraham Rosenberg