Re: octave source code

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: octave source code
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:52:24 -0600

According to branganj <address@hidden> (on 03/14/03):
> Hello,
> I am a final year student in Computer Engineering.  My project is to modify
> or
> add to octave code using the mpi interface, to get it to perform one job
> using
> several processors, instead of one.
> I need to change one function of octave, at least.
> I've been looking for where it performs a multiply matrix, and keep thinking
> I've found it or am nearly there, but run into some difficulties.
> That's when I was wondering if there was any maps available of the code, part
> or whole, or even if you could easily tell me where multiply matrix is done,
> the actual cell by cell stuff?????????
> I just thought, because where I was working last summer, gave me a map of the
> databases and so I just thought I might as well ask.
> I mean anything at all would be a help.
> Thank-you very much for your time,

As matrix multiple is done by the fortran BLAS code, what you want is a
parallel version of BLAS to link octave against. Some vendor math libraries
already have this.

D.

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 25 00 (Ph)
Espace Technologique, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 25 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary