Re: plplot

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: plplot
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:17:15 +0100

Thomas Walter wrote:

>     Dirk> On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 10:27:55AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
>     >> have anyone ever succeeded in installing PLPLOT under octave 2.0.16 ?
>     >> I found the INSTALL file very difficult to understand and obviously
>     >> incompatible with an easy installation on my 2.0.16.

I'm sorry. As every other free program, plplot_octave can only improve
thanks to users contributions. An obvious need is 'configure'. Rafael
has contributed a Debian package, perhaps someone else wants to
contribute 'configure'?

> I would love some
>     >> help.

> Hello,
> it works fine as long as you do not have
>
> whitespace_in_literal_matrix = "ignore";
>
> in your '$(HOME)/.octaverc' which is my preferred setting as this
> avoids a lot misunderstanding by me and you are free to write
> vectors/matrices with a layout which is best to your taste.
>
> The problem are some '[1 2 3]' vectors/matrices.  If you change them
> to '[1, 2, 3]' all works fine.

OK, I have made that change in the sources. In the "near" future I will
make a new release with those changes and new functions. They will be
soon available by cvs. Look at 'http://merlin.inescn.pt/~qual'

> Maybe this note helps others.

nice!

Joao