Could and error call 'keyboard' automatically?

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Could and error call 'keyboard' automatically?
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 01:22:19 +0100

Hi

After several hours of processing, an hidden script bug, data dependent,
can leave us... helpless.

Would it be possible that, on occurrence of an error, 'keyboard' be
called automatically, so one could examine variables, etc? Without this
facility it is almost hopeless to debug a script.

In my case, after surrounding the (sometimes--once in a million?)
offending statement in a 'try/catch' statement and rerunning the script,
produces no error. Until the next time, of course.

What I suggest is (still) another user preference that, on occurrence of
an error, would call 'keyboard'. Reasonable?

Thanks,
Joao

error: invalid vector index = 2
error: assignment failed for `scalar *= scalar'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 28, column 11
error: evaluating if command near line 24, column 5
error: evaluating for command near line 21, column 4
error: evaluating for command near line 19, column 3
error: evaluating for command near line 16, column 2
error: called from `nbayes_clas' in file
`/u/qual/src/classificadores/nbayes_cla
s.m'
error: called from `feat_err_rate_clas' in file
`/u/qual/src/feature_sel/feat_er
r_rate_clas.m'
error: called from `leaveN' in file
`/u/qual/src/classificadores/leaveN.m'
error: called from `forward_search' in file
`/u/qual/src/feature_sel/forward_sea
rch.m'
error: evaluating switch command near line 222, column 7
error: called from `feature_sel' in file
`/u/qual/src/feature_sel/feature_sel.m