Re: plplot

From: courtois
Subject: Re: plplot
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:06:12 +0200 (CEST)

I  have :
  whitespace_in_literal_matrix = "traditional"

... I think the problem is elsewhere...

I installed the
plplot-990122-1.i386.rpm

but it has nothing to do with octave...

so I tried to install
PLplot_octave-0.3.1.tar.gz

which contains a .cc to be compiled in .oct + all the related m files.

I could easily mv the PLplot dir to the
/usr/local/share/octave/2.0.16/m/ dir and change the path is use_plot
and octave_plplot_path to this one...

but

To compile the .cc in .oct I couldn't use the options -lX11 and -lsocket
The make file doesn't work
There is a line missing in use_plot.m : load_path=[];

At the end, octave still uses gnuplot !

I spent a lot of time still for nothing !

--

Francis

 Dr. Francis COURTOIS               I  ENSIA - INRA
                                    I  1, avenue des Olympiades
 Food Process Control Lab.          I  91744 MASSY Cedex
 Food Engineering Department        I  FRANCE
 mailto:address@hidden      I  Fax : (+33) (0) 1 69 93 51 85
 http://ensia.inra.fr/~courtois     I  Cell: (+33) (0) 6 84 13 73 92