Re:shared libraries with g77

From: Ruediger Back
Subject: Re:shared libraries with g77
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 00:36:35 +0200 (MET DST)

 On Wed, June 3 1998, John W. Eaton wrote:

 > My guess is that you have some problem with your libraries or header
 > files (or both).  Do you have compatible versions of libc and
 > libstdc++?  Do the C++ header files match the version of libstdc++
 > that you have installed?
 >
 > jwe

Actually I do have two different versions of libstdc++ installed and
corresponding two different header includes, because I'm using egcs
(which comes with its own libstdc++) and gcc 2.7 concurrently. I built
libg++/libstdc++ etc. for use with gcc. But since all the egcs related
stuff is installed in /usr/local, while the gcc stuff is in /usr there
should not be any problems, unless octave uses/needs libg++. Hit me
hard if it does and it is mentioned in the docs, but I thought
libstdc++ was sufficient. There might still be a problem here, but
since configure looks first in /usr/local and egcs looks in /usr/local
anyway I thought I should be fine.... am I wrong ???

rudy

Treasury nuclear jihad strategic quiche supercomputer BATF Qaddafi FSF
Vince Foster class struggle security $400 million in gold bullion Nazi
plutonium

--
reply to: address@hidden