Re: running parallel make jobs and avoiding jumbled/garbled output?

From: Alexander Kriegisch
Subject: Re: running parallel make jobs and avoiding jumbled/garbled output?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 08:40:41 +0100

I think I am mentioning this for the third time: Maybe using "-p" and
posting the result may help others (or even yourself) to help you,
because seeing your actual make databases should help to understand
which targets really depend on which others. Generating a log with "-j1"
should be okay in order to get a non-garbled output from which to
extrapolate what might be going wrong with the parallel runs. Maybe you
can even use my GraphViz script in order to visualise the result.

Another approach would be to strip down your makefiles so as to generate
a minimal example showing the same problems. Step by step you can get
closer to a solution or post a minimal (set of) makefile (s) showing the
problematic behaviour.

Good luck!
--
Alexander Kriegisch