Re: CVS, Documentation, TODO Lists, New Maintainer, and Stuff

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: CVS, Documentation, TODO Lists, New Maintainer, and Stuff
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:46:48 +0200

Chad C. Walstrom wrote:

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 12:57:06PM +0200, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
These features look useful indeed, and I would strongly recommend that
Mel gets CVS access.

I sent him email about getting an account on savannah.gnu.org.  In order
to get CVS access, you need to import your ssh public key into your
account settings on savannah.  Then ask for membership to the group from
one of the administrators listed (which I need to ask you or Andrew to
appoint me to, BTW).
Congratulations on your appointment as maintainer! I have given you Project Admin permissions for GNATS on Savannah.

The TODO section looks good and very useful. I think you have captured well the different themes and suggestions that have come up lately, and the prioritization and separation into releases looks about right (I think 4.2, with RDBMS backend support, would be better named 5.0, but that we can argue about later).

I hope to be able to do some doc work beginning late summer, but please don't stick my name on the TODO doc items yet -- I am not yet sure how much time I will have for that.

- Yngve