Re: Plan to move to savannah

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Plan to move to savannah
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 14:57:01 +0100

At 08:49 02.11.2001 -0500, Hugo Gayosso wrote:

Milan Zamazal <address@hidden> writes:

> No, there is nothing special about the Red Hat database except for its
> availability via rsync (at rsync://sourceware.cygnus.com/gnats-gnats)
> which is a very nice feature.  I use the mirror of the database on my
> workstation happily.

I think this can be setup without much problem.

Also, one thing that might not be there unless Yngve set it up is the
encrypted password stuff.

I have converted the existing GNATS user databases on fencepost to contain MD5 encrypted passwords. When moving the GNATS GNATS database, we'll just run the existing gnatsd.access file through gnats-pwconv which will do the conversion. gnats-pwconv will appear in the GNATS 4 distribution as soon as Milan has a chance to review it.

- Yngve