Re: Plan to move to savannah

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: Re: Plan to move to savannah
Date: 02 Nov 2001 08:54:39 -0500

Milan Zamazal <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't think so.  Depending on your default files, dbconfig might need
> some customization.  BTW one of the advantages of having separate
> databases is that a project maintainer can customize the database for
> his project.

Yep, that's one of the reasons we decided to migrate to a one database
per project.

>     HG> There are some GNU standards regarding mailing list naming:
>
>     HG> bug-gnats : To report bugs (really? :-) )
>     HG> help-gnats : Users asking for help (really? :-P )
>     HG> info-gnats : Announcements and progress reports
>
>     HG> Those are the minimum, I guess we might want to create:
>
>     HG> gnats-devel : for development discussions.
>
> What if I wanted the union of help-gnats and gnats-devel instead of two
> separate lists?

Then you should create help-gnats only.  The idea is that for any GNU
software the users of this software know that if they need help, they
do: help-foo, and if they want to report a bug they do: bug-foo.  The
developers?, it's up to them to decide if they want the foo-devel or
not, for some projects there is only one or two maintainers and they
don't need a mailing list.

> Thanks for the assistance.

You are welcome.

If you tell me how can I get a listing of the subscribers of the
current mailing lists, I will go ahead, create the mailing lists in
Savannah and subscribe the current subscribers.

Greetings,
- --
Hugo Gayosso                            |  The ultimate result is that some
Controls Process Support                |  innovations that would truly
Electronics Integration and Software    |  benefit consumers never occur
GM Powertrain                           |  for the sole reason that they
                                        |  do not coincide with Microsoft's
                                        |  self-interest.
                                        |
                                        |            Thomas Penfield Jackson
                                        |              U.S. District Judge

DISCLAIMER:
        All what I said is my own point of view, not the one of my
        employer, unless it is specifically said so.