Re: "Exotic" GNATS 4 fields

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: "Exotic" GNATS 4 fields
Date: 14 Oct 2001 21:46:53 +0200

    YS> From the responses I have received, I suggest that we do as
    YS> follows: Keep the Date-Required, Release-Note and Keywords
    YS> fields -- they're useful in their own right.  Rename Cases to
    YS> Related-PRs.  Comment out Quarter in the dbconfig file, with a
    YS> note to the effect that people upgrading from an older
    YS> release-based GNATS should enable the field.

    YS> Of course, Milan has to make the final desicion on this.

I agree except for Cases/Related-PRs.  If we want to retain the field,
we should clearly define its format and semantics since GNATS should
provide some means (not in 4.0) for problem cross-references.  Unless
someone is going to do it now, I'd suggest to remove the field for 4.0
and (re)introduce it later, preferably together with the
cross-referencing facility.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--