[h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Installer

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Installer (.msi) format
Date: 28 Apr 2005 15:50:17 +0200

Rex Dieter <address@hidden> writes:
> OK, Emacs-21.3-4 should address this:

Thanks. It runs when installed in the default location, bit somehow I
get problems. When I run emacs from the start menu it gives me an
error dialog for h:\program files\emacs\setup\bin\gnuclientw.exe
saying: Could not start runemacs --load="h:\program
files\emacs\setup\bin\gnuservauto.el"

If I run H:\Program Files\Emacs\Emacs-21.3\bin\runemacs.exe it runs
but says:
Can't find h:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d which
probably means it searches a wrong path?

If I run H:\Program Files\Emacs\setup\bin\gnuclintw.exe I get a
dialog box saying:
unable to connect to server
WSAGetLastError=10061.
 Search on Internet for "Windows Socket Error Codes" for info.

Is it correct that the should be two emacs installations under program
files\emacs. A setup installation with bin an
some of the executables and some others in emacs21.3\bin?

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be/be.html