Re: [h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Instal

From: Rex Dieter
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Installer (.msi) format
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:43:06 -0500

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Brian Elmegaard wrote:
>
>>Lennart and Rex, I now tried the msi installer running setup helper
>>and it is really a nice solution. I will switch to this approach and
>>forget my own hopeless iss installer.
>>
>>I have one problem though:
>>The setup helper is installed to c:\program files\emacs\ but it will
>>not work for my users as they don't have write access to any place on
>>c. Is the install here just an intermediate storage or does it have a
>>function after the installation to the final directory? Could it go
>>to temp or to the final directory instaed?
>

> Not sure why I hard-coded the "setup helper" bits into Program
> Files\Emacs.  I'll see about making that bit relocatable too.

OK, Emacs-21.3-4 should address this:

CHANGELOG
* Apr 27 2005
- Make EmacsSetupHelper bits fully relocatable too
- rework site-start.el to use relative paths instead of full/hardcoded ones
- (optional) "global site-lisp" bits are still hardcoded to
  %ProgramFiles%\Emacs\site-lisp.

As before, downloadable from:
http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter/Software/Windows/

-- Rex