epop3mail and selective downloads [was Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?]

From: Michael R. Wolf
Subject: epop3mail and selective downloads [was Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?]
Date: 29 Dec 2001 02:42:41 -0500

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> The epop3mail package also includes a nifty utility called
> epop3-manage-mailbox, which lets you probe all the messages on your
> POP server, and delete individual ones while leaving others.

Sounds like it may be useful to probe and remove huge email
to prevent it from coming over the modem.

But I'd prefer to have some kind of rules that say "Don't
download messages over 1M".  I know that worked on my
Outlook Express to the same ISP that I'm using with gnus.
So, it's a POP3 thing.  Can gnus do selective downloading
like this?

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!