Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?

From: Syver Enstad
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?
Date: 22 Dec 2001 17:14:34 +0100

Galen Boyer <address@hidden> writes:

> On 22 Dec 2001, address@hidden wrote:
> > Excuse me but what is BBDB for? Do I need it?
>
> Big Brother Database.  It is a ridiculously useful address book.
> I need it now, but I didn't need it until I started using it.
> Just like about everything else in Emacs.  You fall in love with
> it as you use it.
> --
> Galen deForest Boyer
> Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.

And after I've downloaded it and installed it, here comes the
inevitable setup/configuration questions. Something seems to be wrong
with the loading/autoloading of the various files.

I did this:
(require 'bbdb)
(bbdb-initialize)
;(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'w3) ; this doesn't work, because the
functions are undefined, to be more precise bbdb-insinuate-gnus.

I guess that there are some autoloads from the bbdb-gnus.el package
that are defined.

I just poked around some and found a file bbdb-autoloads.el that
didn't have anything but (provide 'blabla) in it. Could this be the
source of my problems? How to fix?

I am using Emacs 21.1, win2k, bbdb 2.33, Gnus out of the box with emacs.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad