Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?

From: Michael R. Wolf
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?
Date: 21 Dec 2001 11:54:06 -0500

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> > > 1) *Much* easier to configure and get running.
> >
> >Gnus is notorious for causing one fits as a newbie.
>
> ... where "newbie" = "less than several years e-lisp hacking."

Agreed!  I've been hacking elisp (config files and limited
defun's) for over a decade, and feel *barely* up to the task
of getting gnus *running*.  It took over a month of spare
time to do so.  And I'm not even talking about configuration
yet.  It's not for the faint of heart, nor for the general
consumer.  It's a package for programmers, not end users.
IMHO, of course!!!  IM(informed-by-about-15-years)O, that
is, but still IMHO.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!