help-debbugs

Re: Reporting bugs in Mumi

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Reporting bugs in Mumi
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 21:33:50 -0700

Michael Albinus wrote:
> I've never requested a new ML on lists.gnu.org, so I don't know how to
> proceed here. Sorry.

There are two different ways to create mailing lists.

1) For Savannah projects a project admin can go to the project page, then
the associated [Mailing lists] page, then [Configure], and there will
be a URL like this one.

    https://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/admin/?group=$PROJECT_NAME

At the bottom of that page is a form to create a new mailing list.
There are some quick-pick boxes but the last one is available for
typing in bug-mumi to create that named list.  Also add a short
description text.  Then Submit to have it created.

2) For projects unknown to Savannah one can send an email to the
admins at mailman AT gnu.org (which I must obfuscate or it will be
automatically obfuscated in the web archive) and we will create a
mailing list manually on lists.gnu.org for you.

The mailing lists are really not a Savannah thing.  The mailing lists
are really an independent effort.  But there is a hook on Savannah to
create lists.

Bob