help-debbugs

Re: Reporting bugs in Mumi

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Reporting bugs in Mumi
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:21:30 -0800

Hi Arun,

On Tue, Feb 20 2024, Arun Isaac wrote:

> I can't actually set up the mailing list. I am not an admin (aka
> maintainer).

Yes, but you are a long-time Guix committer as well as a Mumi
maintainer. I am neither.

> You should raise this on guix-devel@gnu.org.

There is enough mail on the list already. It must have hundreds of
subscribers. In a message on which you were copied, but which may have
crossed with your most recent response here, I contacted
guix-maintainers@gnu.org.

> One needs to be a group administrator as listed (the
> underlined names) on
> https://savannah.gnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=guix to ask for a
> mailing list.

Will my email reach all those folks, or just the four offical
maintainers, please?

> Likewise, spinning off the mumi repo into its own savannah project is
> also a decision the Guix community has to make. So, if you haven't
> already, please raise that on guix-devel as well.

I don't care either way. I was trying to make it easier for the Guix
folks to contribute, not more difficult. The Guix contributors suffer
from information overload, shoddy bug tracking habits, as well as a lack
of interest in Mumi---all of which is evidenced by the lack of broader
contributions thereto since it was first written.

Moreover, I think it's a bit unfair to burden this list with so many
messages about this mundane subject (but better here than on
guix-devel).

I have some bugs I'd like to file against Mumi.

Please feel free to intervene with the Guix folks behind the scenes. You
have many friends there. Thanks!

Kind regards
Felix