help-debbugs

Re: Missing patch from the list?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Missing patch from the list?
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 21:36:43 -0700

Michael Albinus wrote:
> Konstantin Kharlamov writes:
> > Oh, I see, thank you, sorry I didn't read the archive before sending
> > the email. Actually, I didn't even know `help-debbugs` is an ML, I
> > thought it goes to debbug sysadmins, sorry for the noise 😊

The problem should be resolved now.  It was due to my installing an
overly agressive anti-spam rule to shed load from a recent botnet spam
attack.  This ended up blocking more than intended.  I removed it now
and things are now as they were before.  And fortunately the botnet
spam seems to have moved elsewhere.

> No need to excuse, the situation *IS* annoying.
>
> I've spent some hours today to find the reason, but all logs I've
> consulted look normal. I suppose it is rather something about how
> debbugs is integrated with the project-specific mailing lists, but this
> is out of my knowledge foo.

It was a screw-up on my part.  And I failed to send a note to the list
to communicate what I was doing.  Sorry.  This is a good motivator for
me to be more transparent to the mailing list.  I was communicating on
IRC with sysadmin about it so they were aware.  But I should have sent
an email here.  My apologies.

Bob