guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.4.0 in September? (was: Re: GNU Guix 1.3.0 released)

From: Bengt Richter
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.4.0 in September? (was: Re: GNU Guix 1.3.0 released)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 19:35:25 +0200

Hi all,

On +2021-05-17 10:43:36 -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 02:55:39PM +0200, zimoun wrote:
> > I remember a plot sent to guix-maintaainers about the number of grafts,
> > the core-updates merges and the release dates.  I am not sure it is
> > really interesting and it is worth to resend it, or maybe dumping the
> > Cuirass database to investigate a bit more.  Well, my point is the
> > core-updates merges and the release dates should be synchronized; say
> > target the core-updates for end of September, then the release for
> > November.  To me, this synchronisation makes senses because it
> > constraints the ~6months core-updates cycle and in the same time, the 2
> > releases per year.
>
> I like this idea.

This sounds like planning activity.

Gnome has an app called planner ;-)

Would it make sense to discuss a way to put these rc- and other related goals
on a gantt chart?

Maybe even automate import from mailing list emails marked with e.g.
[release-planning] in the subject
and one delimited markup region like
planner-importable xml here

Discussion without triggering automated import would just leave
"[release-plannng]" out of the Subject: line, or have e.g. [release-discussion]
in the Subject: line.

Anyway, I thought a nice gantt chart .svg or .png or .pdf might be nice :)

Thoughts?

--
Regards,
Bengt Richter