guix-devel

Re: What’s next?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: What’s next?
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 14:36:02 +0200

Hi,

>   • Completing and consolidating Disarchive support (see
>     <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47336>): continuously building the
>     Disarchive database, making sure it’s replicated or backed up by
>     SWH, and having a blog post or two explaining the whole endeavor
>     (I’m looking at you, Timothy ;-)).

Adding items here:

 - SVN support.  Chunks are there [1] but missing glue.
 - other (Hg, CVS, etc.)
 - coverage (by the Data Service?)

 - guix time -C channels.scm -- help
   where channels.scm describes missing Git repo, fallback to SWH.

   (Corollary, “guix channel” subcommand helping to add, remove, save,
   etc.)

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/43442#11>

>   • Merging Magali’s ‘guix git log’ work.

About reviewing, feedback welcome. :-) From my understanding, some
commits should be rewritten (split or merged).

In the same direction, I add 2 items:

 - guix time-machine --commit=<OID> / guix pull --commit=<OID>
 - guix git tag: for locally tagging a specific commit

On the next-next step, be able to download information (JSON?) from the
Data Service and use it to easy the “navigation” in the history.

> What do people think?  What’s your wish list?  What do you feel an urge
> to hack on?  :-)

Add another item:

 - Julia importer (I am working on it, slowly! :-))

Cheers,
simon

PS:  I hope that I have not messed up the In-Reply-To. :-)