guix-devel

Re: What’s next?

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: What’s next?
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 18:32:21 -0400

Some other cool thoughts:

Package the PHP bits of wordpress.  Then create a wordpress theme that
uses either no or bootstrapable (reproducible?) javascript.  Wordpress
writes some really minimal simple wordpress themes that have minimal
javascript that could be used as a start.  I think there might be a way
that one could then use Emacs to make a really simple blog.  And we
could have a really simple WordPress service.

Or just go crazy a create a competitor to wordpress in GNU guile or
racket.

Package the PHP bits of mediagoblin.  I think this is already done in
one of the WIP branches.  Then create a front-end of media goblin that
uses no or minimal amount bootstrapable (reproducible?) javascript.

One of the guix developers has a WIP git repo web viewer.  And it looks
amazing!  He's got some of his guile code on there. I think it would be
really awesome if savannah's guix git repos could point to that for the
guix repos.  Then we (who am I kidding you, I'm not a developer...yet)
could somehow combine bugs.guix.gnu.org with that guile git repo web
viewer.  The eventual goal could be to create a competitor to sourcehut!

--
Joshua Branson (joshuaBPMan in #guix)
Sent from Emacs and Gnus