guix-devel

Re: What’s next?

From: raingloom
Subject: Re: What’s next?
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 20:25:09 +0200

On Sat, 15 May 2021 23:24:41 +0300
Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> wrote:

> package-transformations applied to the operating-system field of the
> os-config.

Gosh, yes please. I keep bumping into this while debugging services.

Also:
* substitutes over bittorrent might be cool.
* split packages more, similar to how Alpine does it. (i said i'd work
  on this and i intend to)
* deduplicate similar but not identical files (if the file system
  allows it)
* better GDB integration
* better initramfs environment, so debugging isn't such a horrible
  experience
* integrate environments with GUIs. if you've used nested rio on Plan
  9, you know what I'm talking about. I already have some utility
  programs for this, but they are pretty basic and only tested on my
  setup.
* accessible installer! even Arch has this now. (also something I want
  to work on eventually)