guix-devel

Re: What’s next?

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: What’s next?
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 00:09:08 -0400

Hi Ludovic,

Those are all good ideas, but to be brief:

+1 for core-updates & newer GCC.

Some other things I'd like to see that seem achievable in a 4-6 months
time frame:

* Add .deb and .rpm formats for 'guix pack'.
* Better Texlive importer
* Easier way to debug (guix debug package) -> leaves you in an
environment including everything needed to debug (sources, symbols,
GDB).
* Proper support to mount NFS shares at boot
* guix environment --fhs (file hierachy standard)
* Support for Go modules in the go-build-system
* Better tooling (perhaps contribute to fix perf issues in Geiser/Emacs)
* A bootsplash to finally hide our "Error in finalizer: Success" message ;-)

I'll stop there :-).

Maxim