guix-devel

Re: Bringing substitutes from the Guix Build Coordinator to users

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Bringing substitutes from the Guix Build Coordinator to users
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 18:38:12 +0200

Hello!

That all sounds like a plan!

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:

> There's a few intertangled things, but the main question is, if bayfront
> can be a source of substitutes, what's the path to actually have that
> benefit users?

One way it’ll benefit everyone is by feeding build/reproducibility data
to the Data Service.

Another way can be by advertising bayfront.guix.gnu.org to “insiders”
(that is, maybe we won’t put it in the manual, but we can suggest this
option to people reading this list etc.)

Thoughts?

BTW, we must make sure the load on bayfront itself remains under control
because it hosts <https://hpc.guix.info>.

Thanks for working on it!

Ludo’.