guix-devel

Re: Criticisms of my "tone" (was Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that re

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: Criticisms of my "tone" (was Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes)
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 12:17:59 +0800

Leo Prikler <leo.prikler@student.tugraz.at> writes:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Am Samstag, den 01.05.2021, 18:12 -0400 schrieb Mark H Weaver:
>> Hi Leo,

>> > He did wrong insofar as his accusatory message read as though he
>> > was
>> > assuming bad faith

Hello Leo, I see nothing wrong for assuming bad faith when security
fixes of packages are removed, in the end the truth matter, which I
believe is: You thought the patches for cario is not needed now on
core-updates, so you remove them.

> [...]
> Well, you did fumble on those facts a little, because the true history
> of the misleading commits was only discovered later.  So did I in the
> same thread.  Either way, "just pointing out facts" is not an accurate
> assessment in my opinion; facts are nothing without interpretation,
> which see.

Yes, you have to take actions based on interpretation to get more clues
from existed facts to reach the truth.

> [...]
> Let it be said, that I don't condemn you for starting this thread.  Not
> only did it highlight an issue, that would otherwise have gone
> unnoticed, I think most of the participants are now more acutely aware
> of what might go wrong if they evade review.  It is sad, that things
> turned out the way they did, but despite what others might claim you
> don't bear sole responsibility for that.

Sure, I think we just lack some trust.  With the trust, you'll know that
Mark only want to confirm the truth with you and avoid this kind of
issues in the future.