guix-devel

Re: Criticisms of my "tone" (was Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that re

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Criticisms of my "tone" (was Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes)
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 05:00:58 -0400

Hi Leo,

I think we're mostly going in circles at this point, so I think we
should finish up this conversation, as Ludovic suggested.  I'll let you
have the last word on most of our conversation threads, but I feel
compelled to briefly counter one claim of yours:

Leo Prikler <leo.prikler@student.tugraz.at> writes:

> Am Samstag, den 01.05.2021, 23:13 -0400 schrieb Mark H Weaver:
>> I don't think I fumbled on the facts at all.  It's true that I didn't
>> yet have _all_ of the relevant facts, but as far as I know, every
>> fact that I presented is true.
>>
>> If you disagree, can you please provide a counterexample?
>
> In your very first message you made it seems as though Raghav single-
> handedly authored and pushed the changes in question and called into
> question their reliability as a committer.  The former was based on
> "facts", that turned out half-true – Raghav did push that commit, but
> they did so thinking that Léo did proper review, which they did not –

Here, once again, you've failed to point out any of my *actual* words to
back up your (bogus) claim that I "fumbled on the facts".  Instead, you
speak of how I "made it seem".  You put more words into my mouth.

That's not nice.  Please stop it.

     Thanks,
       Mark

--
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.