guix-devel

Re: Questionable "cosmetic changes" commits

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: Questionable "cosmetic changes" commits
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 02:08:49 +0000

Hello Mark and Others!

Thank you for your concern.

I can tell you that those cosmetic changes I made were 100% irrational, useless
and noisy.

I have clinical OCD [1] and ADHD [2], for which I regularly take Fluoxetine and
Methylphenidate to keep things under control. Due to this, if the packages I am
editing is not it in a specific way, I am unable to focus properly. That too,
if I am working on multiple package definitions and if each pack-defs are
arranged in different way, it is very very hard for me. I can tell you that
these cosmetic changes are merely the product of my mental-illness and not of
my mental-faculties.

Moving forward, I will try hard not to do this. But can I ask you all to allow
these cosmetic commits for my existing projects (i.e. commits from wip-desktop
and pidgin patch-set) please?

I understand that these commits were a burden to everyone and my sincere
apologies for that.

[1]
https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd/index.shtml
[2]