guix-devel

Re: Questionable "cosmetic changes" commits

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Questionable "cosmetic changes" commits
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 17:22:02 -0500

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Prior <ryanprior@hey.com> writes:
> I do think it's important to acknowledge that the commits written by
> Raghav were part of his internship and advised by his mentors who signed
> off on the commits, so it's not like these changes were unsolicited and
> materialized out of nowhere.

If those cosmetic changes were solicited by his mentors, then please
consider my comments to be directed at them.  Incidentally, my comments
were not meant to shame anyone.  I very much appreciate Raghav's
contributions to Guix.  I'm merely pointing out a practice that I think
is suboptimal and should be discouraged.

     Thanks,
       Mark