guix-devel

Looking for help with packaging a Common Lisp library

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Looking for help with packaging a Common Lisp library
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 16:03:22 +0100

Hi Guix,

I hope that some Common Lisp expert here can help me with a strange
error message.

I am trying to package the library hdf5-cffi, my current package
definition is attached. It builds without any error message, but
when I try to load the library with

  (asdf:load-system "hdf5-cffi")

I get the error message

 The name "CFFI-GROVEL" does not designate any package.

when loading

/gnu/store/3lcw9qvx76770wpsbgdvma154y84v54i-sbcl-hdf5-cffi-1.8.18/lib/sbcl/hdf5-cffi--system.fasl

It doesn't make a difference if I put sbcl-cffi-grovel under inputs or
propagated-inputs.

Does anyone have an idea what could be going wrong here?

Cheers,
  Konrad.