guix-devel

Re: Looking for help with packaging a Common Lisp library

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Looking for help with packaging a Common Lisp library
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 19:04:59 +0100

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Indeed.  What I meant is that if the Common Lisp package (the code
> inside the src folder) depends on cffi-grovel, then I believe it
> should be added to :depends-on as well.  We can ask ASDF and
> hdf5-cffi.

I'd be happy to ask hdf5-cffi, but I excpect their answer to be
"we just copied the example from the cffi-grovel manual", which
indeed they did. So maybe cffi-grovel is the better place to ask.
Although ultimately it's an ASDF question in my opinion.
And ASDF looks seriously underdocumented compared to the complexity of
all it does.

Cheers,
  Konrad.