guix-devel

Re: Looking for help with packaging a Common Lisp library

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Looking for help with packaging a Common Lisp library
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 20:57:13 +0100

Hi Pierre and Guillaume,

thanks for your quick help!

Guillaume Le Vaillant <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the generated '...-sbcl-hdf5-cffi-1.8.18/lib/sbcl/hdf5-cffi.asd'
> file is missing a dependency. It contains ':depends-on ("cffi")', but
> I think it should be ':depends-on ("cffi" "cffi-grovel")', because the

That was the problem indeed. I patched hdf5-cffi.asd to add :cffi-grovel
to the dependencies, and with that patch everything works fine.

> We could add all the dependencies declared in the original asd files (by
> 'defsystem-depends-on' and 'depends-on') to the generated asd files with
> the following patch:

I don't know ASDF and the ASDF build system well enough to comment on
that. All I can say is that in a "standard" SBCL + QuickLisp
environment, it is not necessary to patch  hdf5-cffi.asd, so it seems
to be correct as far as I can tell, meaning that it would be nice if it
worked out of the box as well in Guix.

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems unrelated, but first there seems to be an issue during the
> build regarding the missing pkg-config package.

I am so used to pkg-config related errors that I hardly see them any
more. So yes, this ought to be fixed, but it's not related to the
problem I had.

Thanks again,
  Konrad.