guix-devel

Re: Guix minor version update?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guix minor version update?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 16:42:31 +0100

Hi!

zimoun <address@hidden> skribis:

> Currently, the proposed Guix to install is v1.0.1. This very version
> has some "bugs" [1] fixed since then [2]. But it is not convenient
> when using with Docker [3].
>
> Why not update the minor version to v1.1?

It’s definitely time for this, and I agree with the “1.1” number, FWIW.
:-)

However, I would really want to have good automated tests of the
installer before this happens:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-01/msg00225.html

Likewise, if someone could come up with a test for the binary tarball
installation on top of, say, Debian, that’d be great!  (Probably not a
blocker, but still helpful in giving more confidence about the release.)
Surely this could be done in QEMU with a dummy HTTP(S) proxy.

I’m sure there are other issues in the bug tracker that’d be worth
addressing.

Help welcome!

Ludo’.