guix-devel

Re: Guix minor version update?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guix minor version update?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 17:28:51 +0100

Hi!

Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> skribis:

> I agree releases are too far apart, when we have all of these new
> things to show off to newcomers :)

Agreed!

I think we really need someone to pay attention to the schedule.  It’s
too hard for me and I guess for many of us to, at the same time, hack on
new things, and sit down to prepare a release, which is often somewhat
exciting.

I also think we should rotate release responsibilities.  We’ve improved
the process and its documentation in the past, but I’m sure we can still
do better.

I’d encourage people to look at
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/doc/release.org>
and see if they can make a release with that info, and while doing it,
take note of things to improve.

Thanks,
Ludo’.