guix-devel

Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface

From: Tatiana Sholokhova
Subject: Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 01:31:32 +0300

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the proposed ways of dealing with the problem I've faced. Eventually, I have managed to run Danny's application locally. I have learned all the queries to Cuirass web API which the application sends and the general workflow of the interface.

I have started thinking about the type of web interface we want to have for Cuirass in this project. As far as I see, there are two options:
I suppose that the first option has more benefits since it allows to choose the exact type of information required to be extracted from the database by a specific part of the web interface. What do think regarding these options?

Since I am a newcomer to the guix developers team, I have a question related to the interface development workflow. Once we choose the desired type of the web interface, I will start implementing it. How will we organize the development process? More precisely, where should I place the implemented code in order to provide access to it for our team? In my experience, I have used to create the separate branch in the git repository. I would like to know which way of doing this you would prefer.

Best regards,
Tatiana

Hi Tatiana,

> Unfortunately, I have no experience of IRC usage and I'm not sure how to do
> in a proper way. Of course, I would like to communicate with the community,
> but I'm not sure which discussions are relevant in the IRC. For instance,
> could I ask questions on building issues similar to ones I've encountered?

Yes, anything relating to the project that is easier discussed live is
appropriate for the IRC channel.

If you don’t have an IRC client you can use

    https://webchat.freenode.net/

Input any nickname and #guix as the channel.

--
Ricardo