guix-devel

Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 20:34:33 -0700

Tatiana Sholokhova <address@hidden> writes:

> Unfortunately, I have no experience of IRC usage and I'm not sure how to do
> in a proper way. Of course, I would like to communicate with the community,
> but I'm not sure which discussions are relevant in the IRC. For instance,
> could I ask questions on building issues similar to ones I've encountered?

If you need a specific recommendation, I'd suggest you try HexChat for
IRC.  It's available in Guix via "guix package -i hexchat".  There are
other clients, but I've found this one works quite nicely for my simple
needs.

Another popular option I know of is Pidgin, which is also packaged in
Guix.  I haven't used the Guix-installed Pidgin before, though, so I
don't know how well it works at this time.

--
Chris