guix-devel

Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 18:07:04 +0200

Hello Tatiana & all,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:

>> I am a bit confused about the database structure. As far as I understand,
>> there are project_name (project) and branch_name (jobset) properties, but
>> project_name is a primary key, so a project can't have several branches?
>
> I share your confusion.  Maybe Ludovic or Mathieu can shed some more
> light on this.

It’s confusing indeed, I think it’s a mistake that has yet to be fixed.
Basically what we do now is that we use a different ‘repo_name’ when we
just want to add a branch…

We should fix it at some point.  Suggestions welcome!

I would encourage you to write commits in a way to minimize friction
when we are to merge them—that is, following the conventions that
Ricardo outlined.  That way Mathieu, Ricardo, or myself can take a look
and quickly cherry-pick to master.

Anyway, kudos on what you’ve already achieved!  Getting started on an
existing code base is never easy, so I think you’ve done a good job.

Thank you,
Ludo’.