Re: Fmt Module

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Fmt Module
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:16:17 +0100

Hello,

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Not that I have any say in that, but IMHO, it would be preferable to
> keep external libraries maintained separatly from the Guile core;
> however in this case, including it in the core might be justified by its
> proposed use in the JIT compiler.

When we do include external libs, we should strive to leave upstream
files unmodified, as is done for (sxml ssax), (system base lalr),
(ice-9 match), and others.

I think it would make sense to include ‘fmt’ in core Guile only if the
API is reasonably stable and there are infrequent upstream releases, so
we don’t quickly end up shipping an old incompatible version.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ludo’.