Fmt Module

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Fmt Module
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 16:14:16 -0500

Hello all,

I just completed packaging Alex Shinn's fmt library for Guile, and I'd
like us to include it in the trunk. The library's home page (with
documentation!) is http://synthcode.com/scheme/fmt/.

It looks like a nice formatting library, and I imagine it would be
useful to people who want to generate html for the web module.
However, the real reason I want it in is because it has the ability to
format C source code nicely, and all of the plans for the JIT complier
involve automatically generating a lot of C. (I'm only attaching the
basic library right now, but I hope to package up the C formatting
stuff soon.)

The files are all attached. To use the library, put all of the files
in a folder, open Guile in that folder, do (load "fmt-guile.scm"), and
then (use-modules (fmt fmt)). If you want to test the library, do
(load "test-fmt.scm"). It passes all tests on my machine.

fmt-guile.scm is a new file, but the other ones are almost identical
to the upstream version. I'm going to try to get the changes merged so
it will be easy for us to maintain.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Noah