Re: Fmt Module

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Fmt Module
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:10:36 +0200

On Mon 14 Mar 2011 18:16, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> I think it would make sense to include ‘fmt’ in core Guile only if the
> API is reasonably stable and there are infrequent upstream releases, so
> we don’t quickly end up shipping an old incompatible version.

Agreed, and I don't know if this is the case or not.

I would add on another criteria, that we should avoid adding modules to
Guile unless they are to be used in Guile itself.  For everything else,
there is our CPAN that we need to make -- it will provide more freedom
both for module authors/packagers and for users.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/