Re: 1.9.1 checklist

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: 1.9.1 checklist
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:12:58 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> My proposal would be a time-based release schedule. We can decide the
> Guile 2.0 release date now, and three or four micro releases before
> then.
>
> August in Europe is rather slow, and September people are catching up,
> so I would propose October 15 for Guile 2.0. Then we can make four micro
> releases until then, on the 15th of every month, pulling together
> features as they are ready. We can have a one-week or 10-day freeze in
> master preceding each release, for stabilization.
>
> What think ye?

Sounds great to me.  Before we get to 2.0, I'd like to have got
through some more fixing, and I'd also like to make sure we have
really good release notes: complete NEWS, information about any
changed or removed APIs, how to transition, and so on.  Plus the
better doc on Guile's mission that we've discussed.  I think those
things are all achievable by October 15th, so I'm happy with that
date.

As regards the mechanics of releasing: recently Ludovic has handled
that.  Will you be OK to continue doing the releases to Andy's
proposed schedule, Ludo; or Andy are you proposing to handle the
release process yourself instead?

Regards,
        Neil