Re: The Big Switch to Git

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: The Big Switch to Git
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:57:00 +0100

() address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
() Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:30:51 +0100

   Just to clarify: there are 18 modules, most of which are interesting,
   but also somewhat bitrotten.  Here's the list:

     guile-comp        guile-modules   guile-statprof  guile-www
     guile-core        guile-oops      guile-tcltk     qscheme
     guile-doc         guile-rgx-ctax  guile-template  workbook
     guile-gtkthreads  guile-scripts   guile-tk
     guile-lightning   guile-scsh      guile-vm

   Could agree on a subset of these modules that we'd import
   from the beginning and let a few others rest in peace?

It would be nice to have workbook and guile-scripts as peers of
guile-core, since that forms the minimal set to reproduce "cvs
checkout hack" of yore.  (Basically, the cvs-module "hack"
included only those three cvs-modules.)

Unrelated, i would request that guile-www be imported as well.
This way, presuming there is interest, we can eventually merge in
work on Guile-WWW that has been happening ttn-locally[0] for many
years now.

Everything else i don't really care about, personally.

thi

[0] http://www.gnuvola.org/software/guile-www/
    http://www.gnuvola.org/wip/  (guile-www)