Re: Handling BUGS.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Handling BUGS.
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:54:52 -0600

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> All sounds good to me, but how do we indicate that a bug has been
> fixed in one tree but not in another?

Just change it's "affects:" field.  i.e. you could have

  affects: 1.4 1.6 1.7

and when it's fixed in 1.6, just delete it from the line.  The only
time a bug would move to resolved is if it's been fixed in *all*
trees.  In this first, fairly simplistic approach, I mostly just
figured resolved as a place old bugs go to die to at least *somewhat*
reduce the inevitable clutter we'll have in active.  In the long term,
pumping this stuff into postgres via guile-pg or similar may be the
way to go, but that's a problem for our future selves :>

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu