Re: Handling BUGS.

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Handling BUGS.
Date: 22 Mar 2002 09:14:53 +0000

>>>>> "thi" == Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

    thi> how about promote devel/ out of guile-core/ entirely?  it is
    thi> generally not related to any specific branch.  bugs
    thi> housekeeping is part of the development effort, after all...

That sounds good to me.  It makes sense to me to track both bugs and
future enhancements in a similar kind of way.

(BTW, anyone looking for a data mining job?  There's a goldmine of
useful discussion on future enhancements (which may also be
simplifications, of course) in the mailing list archive.)

    thi> might as well specify a known format, how about rfc822?  it's
    thi> time to see how well the elisp translation machinery holds up
    thi> to rfc822.el (moderately hairy load IMHO).  if not, someone
    thi> will check in rfc822.scm soon i'm sure.

Now you're playing dirty!

Handling rfc822.el will require a basic buffer implementation:
forward-char, insert, buffer-substring etc. etc.  But surely that's a
more interesting task for someone than translating rfc822.el as a
whole to rfc822.scm.

(To make it really interesting/useful, do this by preprocessing the
relevant source files from the Emacs distribution.  (Damn, I'm quite
tempted myself now.))

        Neil