Re: May nearly have simple statistical profiler working (need help).

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: May nearly have simple statistical profiler working (need help).
Date: 18 Jul 2001 12:07:32 -0500

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, but the firing of apply traps requires both `(trap-enable
> 'apply-frame)' and `(debug-enable 'traps)' [SCM_TRAPS_P in C].  And
> `with-traps' is basically
>
> (dynamic-wind
>   (debug-enable 'traps)
>   (thunk)
>   (debug-disable 'traps))

Hmm.  It appears there isn't a 'traps option to debug-enable.  And
though my profiler seemed to be working interactively.  I've found
that it won't work from a script without an enclosing with-traps.

Is that just a guile limitation?  I've tried various combinations of
(debug-enable ...) and (trap-enable ...) with various options and none
of them seem to work from a script unless I add a with-traps after a
call to (debug-enable 'debug).

I was hoping not to have to have the profiler take over the top level
(preferring a more in-line approach), but if that's not feasible, then
I can modify the API.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning