Re: New auto tools

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: New auto tools
Date: 10 Jun 2001 10:09:16 -0500

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks very much for the help, Rob.  However, the apt-get install line
> wants to pull in much much more that I want right now (27Mb of it,
> including gcc 3 + associated libc etc.).  Is there a way of avoiding
> pulling in these dependencies?

No, not really.  I'd be tempted to go ahead, since you need auto*, and
you're going to get this stuff eventually when it becomes the next
stable, but I run unstable anyhow, so I'm probably the wrong person to
ask :> I'd tend to feel that running a bit of unstable (or testing) is
probably better than having broken dependencies.