Re: Possible typo in doc/Makefile.am

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Possible typo in doc/Makefile.am
Date: 09 Jun 2001 13:31:53 +0100

    Neil> Are there any other names similar to `stamp-vti' and
    Neil> `stamp-vti1' in the generated Makefile.in?  (These file
    Neil> names aren't documented at all in the manual.)

    Tom> You aren't supposed to use them.  What is it that you're
    Tom> trying to do?

Good question; I don't really know.  (For the version-tutorial.texi
target, I just copied what was already there for version.texi.)  The
relevant section from Makefile.am is commented like this:

# This rule overrides automake's rule for version.texi.  It causes
# version.texi to be created even in non-maintainer-mode.
$(srcdir)/version.texi: stamp-vti
        @:

# And the same for version-tutorial.texi.
$(srcdir)/version-tutorial.texi: stamp-vti1
        @:

Does that make any sense to you?

        Neil